Oh to be in Alaska again!
This Christmas eve will mark the third year that Pastor Evan Jones has spent in Heaven. This was the poem he wrote the month before his death. He was another amazing person who loved the Lord with all his heart, mind and soul and encouraged others to do the same. I miss the great outdoors of Alaska...the wonderful people, the chance to do ministry no matter where you are at...okay, so I'm being sappy and weird.
I Am Going to Walk Among the Stars
Earth has been fine and I have trod,
Worn and lonely paths below
But always has my Spirit looked high above
To the stars and their mysteries sublime.
“The heavens declare the glory of God,”
The Shepherd boy wrote to us
As night unto night he gazed
At the light of 5000 circling suns.
Pride falls away the moment we gaze
At the vastness that we call space.
I am little on earth, a simple speck,
But the Savior promised eternity
And I shall walk among the stars.
I know I’m taken from the earth
And from a simple clod
And walk thru this life my heavy step to plod
But I shall walk among the stars
With eager steps and free.
I believe I have my Saviour’s words
That this will some day be.
Evan J. Jones, I, November 2003
I Am Going to Walk Among the Stars
Earth has been fine and I have trod,
Worn and lonely paths below
But always has my Spirit looked high above
To the stars and their mysteries sublime.
“The heavens declare the glory of God,”
The Shepherd boy wrote to us
As night unto night he gazed
At the light of 5000 circling suns.
Pride falls away the moment we gaze
At the vastness that we call space.
I am little on earth, a simple speck,
But the Savior promised eternity
And I shall walk among the stars.
I know I’m taken from the earth
And from a simple clod
And walk thru this life my heavy step to plod
But I shall walk among the stars
With eager steps and free.
I believe I have my Saviour’s words
That this will some day be.
Evan J. Jones, I, November 2003

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home